Apple started as a pioneer in establishing personal computers, its creation doesn’t stop with that. It introduces portable media players to laptops. Then it turned its attention to the smartphone market with the iPhone and iPad. It made a giant leap with the launch of the smartwatch in 2014. Apple’s iPhones are the minions to most of the people. People start craving for iPhones and they feel pride in flipping the mobile in their hands.
Apple set to launch new unit in Bengaluru
- Apple has spread its units worldwide. Now it is planning to start a manufacturing unit in Bengaluru, to cash in on the strong – growing Indian smartphone market.
- Local manufacturing is likely to help Apple value its iPhones to face the tight competition in India as it presently draws 12.5 % extra duty on imports.
- The government sources say that the phones will be manufactured by Wistron, a Taiwanese OEM maker for Apple.
- Wistron has planned to set up iPhone manufacturing plant in Peenya, Bengaluru.
- Bengaluru has the capacity required for quality high technology products that the reason why they selected the city.
- This is Apple’s second big venture for Bengaluru. In May, Apple had proclaimed laying out a design and development accelerator in the City to nurture the iOS developer community.
- The company has been in negotiations with Indian government looking for an incentive to set up a manufacturing unit in India.
- A group of senior officials from ministries, commerce, and finance, will consider the incentives wanted by Apple to set up a manufacturing unit in the country.
- Apple had asked for tax and other incentives to step into India’s manufacturing sector.
There are numerous mobiles available in the market but iPhone is always at the top of the charts. People are fond of iPhones for its fabulous features. The reason is the company has been rising up its efforts to enlarge its business in India. This is because India is one of its fastest growing markets around the world. Bengaluru is already hailed as a ‘cyber city’ which paves a way to the development of the company. It will be sure of its rapid and radical growth in the country after the inception of the unit Bengaluru zone.