Advancements in the technology have brought new improvements to lifestyle, new gadgets, new software and new threats. Since most of our work and earnings are stored and transferred digitally the huge possibility of it getting tampered in any way cannot be left unaccounted since WannacryRansomware and other kinds of malware and viruses pose a grave threat. We learned it the hard way that there is a growing need for digital security of our databases and BullGuard Antivirus is exactly going to match it. Our computers do not possess nuclear codes and other materials of national security but it is our locker where we keep our digital data. Data we might willingly share on a social network or personal data we want to keep it to ourselves. So let’s go through BullGuard Antivirus Review and see it’s potential Pros and Cons.
BullGuard Antivirus Review:
BullGuard Antivirus Features:
- Antivirus:BullGuard Antivirus protects your PC in real time, meaning, it runs in the background and actively scans the files including the ones which are present in the folder but also one the ones which you might be transferred from removable storage devices. However, if you wish to scan a particular folder on your PC there is an option of a Custom scan, wherein you can select any folder of your choice and the software will do its work. On the other hand, you also have an option of Full scan which scans the whole PC for any kind of threats. The Quick scan checks operating system startup, system’s memory, and boot sectors. It helps when you just want to run a quick check of your computer.
- Vulnerabilities:I particularly like this feature as it asses the vulnerabilities of the computer. It tells you whether your PC is subject to any potential risk from the internet. The software also checks the status of your Windows Update configuration, Missing Windows security updates as well as Network profile safety.BullGuard is pretty impressive as it even detects the Wi-Fi you are connected to is safe or not. It prevents some application which may trigger to run automatically when a removable storage device is connected to your PC. Basically, with BullGuard Antivirus, you can be sure of your vulnerabilities not being exposed.
- Next-gen anti-malware:They claim it to be the New era of protection. The triple layer of protection you are offered provides continuous protection from untrusted software and malware. It is brought to the quarantine and prevents to spreading of malware. It first recognizes the sites and applications that are trusted, detects the authentic digital signature and if any file is found infected, it is neutralized before it can do any damage. That’s why it is called as the “Triple Protection”.
- Game Booster:All the games in the house, cheer up. You don’t need to worry about the security when you are out gaming. Most of the times while playing online, you are required to turn off your protection so as to allow connections and boost the performance of the PC. But hey, it’s an unfair world. BullGuard Antivirus has got your back. It guarantees your safety from any potential threats while you are playing your favorite games. It is still a Patent Pending Technology but you can be sure that it will be rolled out soon in an update.
Downloading BullGuard Antivirus:
- Depending on your choice, click on Buy Now or Free Download.
- Click on Keep for downloading the software.
- Click on I accept the terms of the License Agreement and then click Install.
- If there is already a similar software installed on your PC, you can either keep the previous software by checking the box next to Install anyway or remove it by checking the box next to Uninstall conflicting software.
- Create an account by providing your E-mail address and creating a password.
- Click on Next if you wish to get an overview of the services of BullGuard Antivirus or click on Skip to jump into to software.
Viola! BullGuard Antivirus is installed on your computer as you can see the shortcut on your desktop.
BullGuard Antivirus Review:
- The Next-gen anti-malware just feels good and provides excellent protection.
- Keeps away malware, trojans and phishing attempts and protects data.
- Alerts you when you are connected to unsecured networks in public or missed any security update of your OS.
- Optimizes your PC to boost performance.
- Detects threats in Removable storage devices.
- Boot up time increases a bit.
- Slightly drains the battery.
- Trail period is for a small duration.
BullGuard Antivirus Review Ratings:
Highlight feature: Vulnerability Scan.
Threat detection: 9/10.
Treat removal: 9/10.
System lag during scanning: 8/10.
Ransomware protection: 9/10.
USB auto scan and protection: 9/10.
Tech support: 9/10.
Overall rating: 9/10.
This Antivirus is an amazing software. From the BullGuard Antivirus Review, the Vulnerability scan feature of the software is good. The only problem is with the trial period because you cannot use all the features and some of the features are not rolled out for the use yet. The software can be bought for $29.95 for using it on a single device for a period of 1 year. However, you can add another $18 for subscribing it for 2 years and another $30 to the initial amount for 3 years. My boot up time seems to have increased but other than that the software is flawless. I wish the trial period could have been 30 days to have a better look at the features.