Today in this guide we are going to know how to solve DNS server not responding problem in windows. Sometimes you may get a message like “This site can’t be reached”. If you check the entire message there will be written that DNS probe started or DNS server not responding like that. Even though your laptop makes a successful wifi connection you will not be able to browse the internet. Here’s how to solve DNS server not responding problem in windows
DNS server not responding problem:
The DNS server not responding problem will arise from the following three factors. Make sure you go through all the three points mentioned here and check which one works for you.
1)DNS server not responding problem due to TCP/IP failures or DHCP failures:
- In order to solve this problem try running windows diagnostics. Check for the errors there.
- Try troubleshooting windows network diagnostics. You can do it by following the procedure.
- Open Control Panel > Goto Network and sharing center > Click troubleshoot problems under set up a new network.
- Wait for the troubleshoot to end and check for the errors.
- If not confident that your connectivity issues are due to DNS server not responding then you can try other troubleshooting techniques first.
- If the problem is not solved try changing the setting of Internet protocol version 6 ( TCP/IP6) properties. You can do this by simply following procedure
- Open Control Panel > Network and sharing > Change adapter settings > Click on the wifi you are connected > Right click properties > A new window will open with wifi properties > Check Internet Protocol version 6 and then click on properties> Enable Obtain an IPV6 address automatically > In case if the problem persists repeat with the IPV4 also.
- This way you can solve the issue if its arises due to the failures of TCP/IP and DHCP.
2)DNS server not responding problem by antivirus:
Sometimes strong antivirus will also be a reason for DNS server not responding problem. Recently my avast antivirus has made such a problem when I tried to clean junk files and other malware that are present on my laptop. Try disabling the antivirus for 5 or 10 minutes and check whether you can connect to the internet or not.
Also Read about: How to link aadhar card with mobile number
3) DNS server not responding problem by VPN’s:
Make sure to disable any firewall from the VPN. If you are running a VPN on your PC then disable it for some time and check for the internet connection.