Nowadays every individual is habituated to share everything with their near ones through “chat”. Day by day chatting and sharing the memory with near ones is taking up through different means and different platforms. Snapchat is one such platform to chat on with the fellow beings. Snapchat is one of the mobile messaging and sharing app which enables its user to send text messages, images, videos etc. Within a short span of its launching, it became the most popular mobile android app across the world.
Snapchat is a product from the corporate Snap.inc which has its headquarters located in California. The basic idea of Snapchat is from the people named Evan Spiegel, Bobby Murphy, and Reggie Brown when they were students at Stanford University. They have started it as their main project. Since then Snapchat has been continuously updated with great features and now it has shaped to greater heights today.
Why is Snapchat that much popular?
Snapchat initially started with a property called as self-destructing of the messages sent or received. That means the message you send will be disappeared or self-destructed after 10 seconds in both sender and recipient device. But as time passed on Snapchat evolved as new communication media with all the updated features. This makes Snapchat compete with other popular social apps like Facebook, WhatsApp, and Twitter etc. Snapchat also contains stories, snaps, short videos, filters and lot many. Stories are available for 24 hours and the viewers can avail it in that time period.
Also Read: How to download and install Dropbox on PC
Features of Snapchat:
The Snapchat has many creative and innovative features incorporated in it which make it more interesting. Some of them are listed below.
- The messages sent from this app will possess self-destructing feature so that in both the sender and receiver device the content will be lost after 10 seconds of sending it.
- You can send any number of multimedia messages and can receive any number of messages too. You can also send reply for the content received. The content shared is called as a snap and replies can be called as snapbacks.
- Apart from self-destructing messages, you can create stories also. Stories allow you to include all the things done in a day. Your viewers can see them for the entire day and you can also provide download option to the viewers.
- A good number of filters are also available to improve your snap properties. You can also add text and edit your snaps.
- Snapchat includes facial recognition software in the name lenses so that you can concentrate more on your face while taking snaps.
- It also has memories option, in this, all the screenshots of the messages and snaps can be saved.
- You can also add emoji’s and stickers to make your snaps and make them more interesting.
How to download Snapchat on PC?
Although Snapchat is a mobile messaging app it has added features when it is used on PC because of the large screen size of pics. Initially, you need to have an android emulator to use Snapchat on PC. Below are the some of the steps to download it on PC.
- First, you need to have an Android emulator installed on your PC, preferably Bluestacks. To know how to download Bluestacks and install on PC click here.
- In Bluestacks, you can find the search bar in its inbuilt play store. Enter the search term ‘Snapchat’ in the search bar available there.
- Click on the Snapchat icon in the play store and click on download option. By this, the Snapchat will start downloading on your PC.
How to install Snapchat on PC:
After you have finished downloading Snapchat onto your PC, then you can proceed to install Snapchat on PC.
- Open the downloaded app and click on the “Sign-up” option on the home screen.
- Enter your first name, last name in it and then in the next window enter your date of birth and click next.
- Then enter the email id or phone number you need to log in. The verification of mail id and phone number is optional in it. Have a valid email id so that any future communication can be done through it.
- Now choose a username for your account and password for it. This username is to identify you on the Snapchat network.
- Enter the text provided in the box to prove that you are not a robot and click on Finish.
By this, the download and install Snapchat on PC gets completed. Have the most entertaining messaging app experience on your PC. Remember you can install this app only when you have an android emulator installed on your PC.