In olden days, we used to share our feelings with someone whom we like most and also we will only share our personal information with our family members, but now what’s happening? Most of us share photos and videos of the places we visit, functions we celebrate, and even what we eat, what we wear and all the personal stuff on Facebook. What makes our Facebook Timeline more fuzzier is the posts which we are no way related to getting tagged by our friends and appearing on our Timeline. Hence we require a tool to erase the unwanted, and unrelated, stuff. This article gets you to make your Facebook Timeline Cleaner.
We are used to believe people on Facebook by going through their timeline and we don’t know whether the information we see is real or fake. According to a survey, almost 50% people in Facebook gets disturbed by posts in their timeline. This article focuses on Facebook Timeline Cleaner, which can also help you to hide/remove posts from previous years also.
Facebook Timeline Cleaner:
So, let’s get started: Basically, most of the people use either Chrome & Firefox. And hence I am explaining about extensions who use Chrome web browsers. First, let me take you through the steps involved in using Chrome extension.
Facebook Timeline Cleaner in Chrome:
As I have already said the below steps are for those who use Google Chrome web browser. Now you need to install an extension in order to clean your Facebook Timeline.
- Install Facebook Post Manager extension in your Google Chrome web browser. To download and install this extension Click Here.
- After adding this extension, you need to login to your Facebook account and Click on the Activity log. Use filters of activity to select the posts to delete. By using this extension you can delete any post that has been added by you or posts in which you are tagged, or posts which are posted on your timeline by your friends or apps.
- Click on the Extension icon, so that the below image will appear.
- In that, if you can enter the details like Year, Month etc.., so that from that date, this extension will remove all the posts.
- There are options like Text contained and Text not contained. You can edit those text boxes, in which your posts are included. Suppose, if you have so many posts included with “XYZ”. Then you can type XYZ in the Text contained box and search for only those posts and delete it.
- The main option in this window is “Pre-scan”. After checking this pre-scan and running this extension, it checks all the posts with the condition mentioned and will display a preview screen of the result. By this, we can select one by one post and choose to delete. If we haven’t checked this box, then the extension will not display a preview screen deletes all the messages at once.
- As usual, we are familiar with buttons like Delete Posts/Hide/Unhide/Unlike. After clicking on any one of the buttons, it will run and this may take a while and it depends on the number of posts, you want to remove.
As per my experience, there are so many apk files. Where you can remove Facebook timeline but there are not trustworthy and the process may sometimes slow down your smart-phone. So, it’s better to do it on the desktop.
The above solutions successfully worked for windows and Mac too. If it won’t work, you need to remove cache and restart the browser.