If you are searching on how to fix blue screen error on your windows laptop. You are on the right page now. Blue screen error occurs when there’s a software or hardware malfunction in your laptop. This blue screen error can also be termed as stop error. This error may arise due to a serious problem that may cause a sudden shutdown or restart of PC. When this type of error occurs then it will become a problem to troubleshoot. If your laptop is able to start then follow these steps to avoid the further occurrence of such type of errors.
How to fix blue screen error solutions:
1. Restore system: If you made a recent change in your PC by installing a software. System restore won’t affect your personal data such as photos, documents, emails etc. Here’s how you can restore your PC.
- Go to search bar for windows 7 user you can find it in Start at the bottom. Windows 8 users can find it by simply sliding their mouse on the right side of their screen.
- Type system restore and then follow the on-screen instructions.
2. Try Action Center: You can seek help if you find it difficult to solve it yourself by simply following these steps.
- Open search > Control Panel > System and Security > Click Review your Computer’s status
- Go to Maintenance under that check for solutions to problems > Check for solutions
- Windows will notify you if there are any solutions for problems that are present in your computer
3. Check for Windows update as well as software updates that are present on your PC. Try to update all as soon as possible
4. If you had recently installed any software or connected an external device like Tablet, hard disk etc to your PC then check the drivers are correctly installed for that particular device.
Also Read: Second space in Redmi mobiles
5. Use safe mode: If you are sure that it is a software that has made your laptop to go blank in blue. Try starting your laptop in safe mode. It will help you troubleshoot the software problems and help you uninstall the software that is causing the problem.
In order to start your PC in safe mode make sure all the external devices are plugged out including CD/DVD and follow these simple steps
- Try restarting your PC. If you are running your laptop in a single operating system then press and hold the F8 key when during the restart process.
- Make sure that you press F8 before the windows logo appears. If you fail try pressing again as soon as the Laptop restarts.
- If you got multiple operating systems in your laptop then highlight the operating system which you want to start in safe mode by using the arrow keys
- After a successful F8 press you will be able to enter into the ADVANCED BOOT OPTIONS. Now use the arrow to highlight the safe mode option and press Enter.
- Now login to your computer with an administrator account. You will be able to see SAFE MODE on the bottom right corner. This means that you are in Safe mode.
- To exit safe mode simply restart your laptop and let windows start normally.
This way you can figure out which software is causing the problem and uninstall it. It is helpful in the case when the software won’t uninstall in the normal case.
6. Check for memory and hard disk problems. Repair windows startup files and restore your system to the latest back up memory. If the problem is not solved try installing the operating system again. This way you can also overcome the blue screen problem on your PC.
If you got any queries on how to fix blue screen error do let us know in the comment section by simply dropping a comment below.Thank you.