How to fix i Tunes library.itl cannot be read error in two simple methods.This error may arise if you uninstall newer version of itunes and reinstall an older version. In some cases this error might appear once after you upgrade apple itunes and restart the computer.Every time when you try to open itunes you will be greeted like this
“The file i Tunes library.itl cannot be read because it was created by a newer version of i Tunes”
Here is a snap of the same
In my case i had Itunes 12 running uninstalled it,reinstalled i Tunes 11 and was greeted by this error. In order to fix this error i had gone through the apple Itunes forum and some other online website and found two ways to fix.Here they are
How to fix i Tunes library.itl cannot be read error – Method 1 :
- In this method you need to replace the new i tunes library.itl with the older one.In order to do this you need to open the Itunes folder on your PCit’s either under:- My Documents\My Music\iTunes\- \Users\username\Music\iTunes\
- Select the I tunes library file and copy it or move to the desktop
- Open the Previous iTunes Libraries folder in the iTunes folder and locate the file i Tunes library.Check the date of creation.It would be the same as the time you had upgraded i Tunes.
- Paste the copied file in this folder and rename it.Now start i Tunes it will solve the problem
Also Read : Download and Install Gb whatsapp
How to fix i Tunes library.itl cannot be read error – Method 2 :
If you have recently uninstalled a newer version and reinstalled a older version then follow this step
- – My Documents\My Music\iTunes or – \Users\username\Music\iTunes\
- Click on the itunes folder,choose the i tunes library from the folder and then delete it
- Restart i Tunes now it will solve your problem
You music database will be lost but your music files will be present in the i Tunes music folder present in the above locations.Hope this might have solved your problem too.