How to play YouTube videos in the background for Android and iOS
YouTube has so variety rich content, you can find the latest music videos, anything from tutorials, also the TV shows. You might have faced a situation where you wanted to listen to YouTube in the background while doing something else on your smartphone. As we know closing the YouTube app will stop playing the video, but there are a few simple workarounds that will allow you to listen to the music of the video you are playing in the background. Some simple ways on How to play YouTube videos in the background for Android and iOS devices are listed here.
PLAYING VIDEOS WITH YOUTUBE RED
YouTube Red is one of the good options on How to play YouTube videos in the background for Android and iOS. The YouTube Red is a subscription-based service that allows you to play and watch original shows that are exclusive to YouTube Red subscribers, and avoid ads. YouTube Red service is available in the United States, and one can subscribe to it directly from the YouTube application both on Android and iOS.
Usually, when you listen to the music in the background it will stop playing as soon as you close the application to overcome this you can get subscribed to YouTube Red.
PLAYING VIDEOS WITH SAFARI (IOS)
One can easily play videos in the background with iOS without making any changes in your phone or downloading any applications. It’s as easy as playing the video in Safari and then closing it after it starts playing:
- Launch Safari as you would normally and then go to YouTube.
- Search the video you wish to play in the background.
- Tap and hold on the reload icon in the upper-right of the Safari window to switch to Desktop Mode. Then Request Desktop Site by tapping.
- Start playing the video, and press the Home button when you wish to close Safari.
- Swipe left to reveal the music player and for the home screen to open Action Center swipe up.
- In Action Center, you will see the YouTube video instead of your music. Simply tap play. Now you can continue listening to your video in the same way you watch videos on your smartphone.
PLAYING VIDEOS WITH FIREFOX AND CHROME (ANDROID)
When you wish to Play YouTube videos in the background in Android, the Google Chrome, as well as Firefox, supports it. You can use either browser, but your version of Chrome must be v.54 or higher.
- Launch Firefox or Chrome as you would normally and go to YouTube.
- Navigate to the video you want to play in the background.
- Go to the Settings menu by tapping the three dots in the upper-right corner of the window. Afterward, tap Request Desktop Site.
- Start playing the video, and press the Home button to close your browser. If the video stops playing while using Chrome, you may also have to pull down the notifications bar and press play.
PLAYING VIDEOS WITH AWESOME POP-UP VIDEO (ANDROID)
Awesome Pop-up Video is an application which along with its premium counterpart, allows you to play videos that are more than 5-minutes long. I suggest checking out the free version of the app first, however, to see if you like the software. Both versions of the app work in the same way, as per my personal experience I felt both the applications work similarly. It will play your desired video in a pop-up window so you can do other things while the video is playing.
- Go to YouTube using any browser on your Android smartphone.
- Navigate to the video you want to play in the background and copy the URL.
- Paste the URL into the app and tap the icon on the right.
- Close the app and your video will immediately appear in a pop-up window.
Hope this article on How to play YouTube videos in the background for Android and iOS devices may ease you with simple tips to enjoy your favorite YouTube videos even at multitasking operations of your Android and iOS smartphones.