How to protect your camera from the rain
This article is about How to protect your camera from the rain. Hi everyone!! The most wonderful thing happening around is the change in the climate. Yes, this is even making us have troubles with schedules, health, etc.., But imagine the hottest summer we had and now it is changing day by day. We see how people are obsessed with the photo shoots these days that for each and every event they have to get a photo shoot done. So, this climate has the best of it for the people who want their photo shoot to be done and the worst of it for the photographers since they never know when it would rain. So, most of them would be very conscious about their stuff which is along with them and the most important is the camera which is their soul.
The camera really plays the most important role in a photographers life since the food they eat, the life they lead is based on their work which is interlinked to their camera. So, for any photographer, it is as important as their life. But the seasonal change and the unexpected rains make them worry about their stuff. So, how would they protect their things, those costly cameras, lenses and all?
So, let us help them out in different ways on How to protect your camera from the rain in these seasons.
So, guys lets are creative and make something for ourselves which can protect our own camera.
How to protect your camera from the rain
DIY (Do It Yourself)
Worried about your camera? So, let’s try this!!
So, in this, we can save our camera by making a simple cover to it. Let us try to make one of such type.
The things which you might require is a plastic sheet recommended a strong and a good quality. If you do not have any as such then try it with the zip lock bags, plastic food wrappers, a used transparent clothing bag, a file folder or in the worst case a normal plastic cover. Then you would require a rubber band, a pair of scissors, cello tape and a marker for marking.
So, the first step would be put up the required lens and hood of the lenses. Once you attach the lenses then take the plastic bag and put it all over the camera. Fix the polythene with a rubber band around the hood so that it is stable. Then with the help of marker and scissors make the necessary openings on it. If you are using a high-quality plastic then it would be safer. Cello tape can be avoided by the use of plastic food wrapper because it automatically sticks to any object but for safety, we can have a cello tape. In this way, we can protect our own materials with the things in our houses.
So, if you are really busy and do not possess time for such things then the market is always ready to help you with these things. The only need is to spend money and understand the quality.
So, let us discuss these in different aspects if we are spending money on them:
- Low-cost solution: We can use a shower cap, plastic bag or any one time use rain sleeve to protect our camera or can make it yourself. This one-time rain sleeve can be bought at any stores online with around $6.
- High-cost solution: If you are ready to put money over it then you can have a permanent rain sleeve depending on your budget and requirement. There are different types of rain sleeves available on the market like:
- Op/Tech 18” SLR Rain sleeve: It is like a simple plastic bag draped around the camera. It is good long enough to accommodate any long lenses.
- Ewa-marine Rain cape: It is like a raincoat used by normal people but just made for cameras to be protected in the rain.
- AquaTech Sports Shield Rain Cover: It is like one of the safest covers and we need to be careful while selecting it since it comes with the most appropriate cameras. It is considered good for wildlife in all kinds of weather, durable and high-end.
These are just some of the examples but as the city changes and conditions change there are new ways being founded to save cameras.
- If you are shooting a landscape then the best way to cover your camera is the usage of the umbrella. Since most of them use a tripod stand and as it is fixed the umbrella can be used and with that, a good camera cover can also be used.
- The last and the least possible is when you don’t have anything as such and the most you can do is use a bag, put the camera whenever a shoot is over and take it out when required.
We can then put the camera after shoot in a plastic bag with the silica gel (the one on which it is written ‘DO NOT EAT’, this is seen in most of the tech stuff) or put some uncooked rice this will absorb the water whichever is present can helps in drying up the material in the plastic bag. This technique can even be used for our mobile phones whenever required.
So, these can be used for saving your camera from being drained out and as you put more money on the camera the safety measures provided even by the manufacturers is more. A heavy storm may affect the camera but a normal drizzle or a light rain does not affect much. So, just be prepared for any kind of conditions in this season and save your valuable stuff.
Hope this article on How to protect your camera from the rain would help you out with seasonal shooting irrespective of the rainfall.