How to transfer data from PC to Mac
In this article, we discuss the simple yet feasible procedures on How to transfer data from PC to Mac. Apple Inc launched Mac Book Pro in 2006. It is the most prominent and predominant model of the Mac Book family. It has witnessed three generations. The updated version has been released on the market in October 2016. It has salient features that grab the attention of the users. Touch Bar, an OLED at the top of the key board, Touch ID sensor, butterfly mechanism keyboard, 3.5 mm headphone jack, 2.9 GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 Skylake (6267U), up to 3.3 GHz make it look stunning and add more credits to its design. If you want to switch over to the brand new Mac, you can transfer your important documents from old PC to Mac just by following a few steps.
Procedures to follow on How to transfer data from PC to Mac:
- Migration Assistant offers a stylish and suitable solution to shift the files you want to transfer. It is intended to move files, programs, and settings from your old PC to your new Mac.
- Data transfer from Apple Retail Stores presents various levels of data service services.
Apple Authorized Service Providers also supply different levels of PC to Mac data transfers. You can trace the Apple Specialist in your area, by using the Find Service website.
- A storage device can be used to transfer data. Hard drives provide the fastest transfer rate and are available all over the world. If your PC doesn’t have FireWire port, you won’t be able to make use of a FireWire hard drive. But a handy USB hard drive can be used even if there is no FireWire port on your PC.
- Having a Backup disc of the files on your PC is one of the trouble – free technique to transfer the data. This method gives the additional advantage of constructing a backup of your data.
- Instead of burning a CD, you can use portable ZIP, Jaz, magnetic optical or other types of portable media. Making Use of these forms is an outstanding method to transfer your data.
- If your old PC and your new Mac get accessed to a server on a network then burning CDs or shifting drives from one PC to another will be very easy. Make sure that both computers should be able to access the server.
- You can email your word documents, pictures, or data files to yourself as an attachment is another alternative. Few ISPs has limitations they don’t allow large email attachments. So even if your Internet connection is fast, you cannot send files with large data.
- If both the computers are in the same place then you can make use of Ethernet cable to connect and transfer the files. The need of Ethernet cable depends on the type of model in Mac you have. This method has the advantage of being fast and being able to transfer any amount of data.
- You can move some hard drives from your PC into your Mac, but it should only be employed by skilled computer users who know how to install and format PC hard drives. Mac can read a NTFS-formatted drive, but it will not be able to store any new files or make any modifications to existing files and it might delete any existing data on the drive during the process.
The above steps display simple measures on How to transfer data from PC to Mac. It is the right time to change your PC. The price of Mac is reasonable and the long-lasting battery enables you to work for more hours and your work will not get interrupted. The wide screen doubles your pleasure of watching a video or a movie. So after getting a Mac, you can easily transfer the data to a new PC, if you follow the above-mentioned methods.