iOS 11 Review – A complete Feature report
This article is about iOS 11 Review – A complete feature report. iOS 11 beta was first introduced on June 5, 2017, and rolled out for developers and public immediately after the presentation by Tim cook at AWDC. All the Apple devices starting from iPhone 5s to iPhone X, iPad to the latest iPad Pro as well as the 6th generation of iPod touch will get the new iOS 11 updates. Basically, iOS devices running on an A7 processor or later will have this update. iOS 11 brings some new changes and Apple believes it to be a giant step for iPhone and a monumental step for iPad.
It promises users a new and efficient platform for Augmented reality which is going to provide the best experience to users while playing games for editing photos. The latest AR technology will revolutionize the way we use our phone for taking photos and videos. Of course, the developers have more space to work with and make new apps. Also, there are improvements to make Siri more interactive with a natural voice like the Android’s Google Assistant. It gets adapted to the habits of the users.
How to download iOS 11
iOS 11 review first includes the installation procedure which is quite simple to download using following steps.
Step 1: Find and tap on Settings on your home screen.
Step 2: Tap on General.
Step 3: Tap on Software Update.
Step 4: Tap on Download and Install.
Step 5: Tap on Agree on the bottom right of the screen.
Step 6: Tap on Agree when Terms and Conditions pop up.
Step 7: Your Update will be requested and it will start to Download.
Step 8: your Phone will now install the update and upon restarting
Step 9: Enter your passcode followed by your password of the iCloud account.
Viola! Your iPhone is now updated to iOS 11.
iOS 11 review: Features
New iOS 11 review is visually refreshing as they have removed the labels below the apps on the dock and changing the dots for cell reception to bars the major change can be seen in the Control Centre. For a long time, Apple users had to go to Settings in order to switch on the cellular data and back again to switch it off but now it can be controlled from the Control Centre itself by swiping up.
Swipe up to access the Control Centre. It is the first feature of iOS 11 reviews. It comes loaded with this integrated display consisting of music player, switching on/off the cellular data without visiting Settings, enabling Do Not Disturb mode, on/off Torch and much more instead of scrolling three different pages to jump to Music player, Home and the screen where Wi-Fi enabling, Brightness control, Torch is The best part is that we can customize the Control Centre with new features like Screen Recording and Do Not Disturb While Driving. You can now launch Apple pay, Notes, Text size, Magnifier etc. directly through the Control Centre.
Taking screenshots have got much better compared to the previous version where those would be saved directly to the Camera Roll. Whenever you take a screenshot now you can instantly preview is by tapping on the bottom left of the screen and edit it. It’s pretty cool as sharing becomes fun and easy and if you take multiple screenshots it keeps piling up so that at the end you can watch, edit and share them instantly.
Screen recording feature enables the user to record the screen i.e you can you easily share what’s on your screen in the form of video. This feature is very useful for someone who would like to show the procedure to gain access to the new app or the operation of apps to someone else. Instead of typing and telling someone the procedure why not record it? And later share the video with.
Let’s face it the Maps compared to Google Maps offer very less, however, Apple has improved the interface and now you can search nearby ATM, restaurants, hotels, gas station etc. Maps are also compatible with apps offering cab services like Ola, Uber, Jugnoo.
Also read: How to Delete Files on an iPod Touch
The new iOS 11 comes with Files which was pretty much available on Android phones where you can access files from iCloud, Dropbox or for that matter any other cloud services. It makes file managing such a convenient task since you don’t have to browse through your files separately by opening the individual drive. You can now drag and drop the files to other folders and also to other apps. The latter is much more convenient is iPad since it offers a larger screen but you can still work with it on iPhone.
The App Store has been redefined in the new update as you can now see popular apps highlighted on the screen itself. Now there are separate sections of Games, Apps and this new tab called as Today. Today’s section offers a huge highlight to the apps as it features individual large Square cards which is pretty cool.
I find Do Not Disturb While Driving feature in Apple’s new update very amazing. How many of you get tempted to look at your notifications and your phone chimes or vibrates? Well, now you can avoid it as this feature comes with adjustable modes like setting itself up while it detects the motion or when connected to car’s Bluetooth or the user himself setting it up manually. It doesn’t show you any notifications on screen except for the message You will not receive Notifications while you are driving. However, if you are not driving and sitting on a passenger seat you can tap on I’m not driving and use the phone. It also replies to your contacts who call you while you drive with an SMS intimating them about you.
It comes with new set of wallpapers whereas the old ones are removed. It also comes with a set of new Live wallpapers which are much more dynamic than the previous fish tails. You can also access Emergency SOS from the setting or add it to the Assistive Touch which allows you call the emergency number quickly. One can view their Medical ID in case they want to notify their contacts about a certain problem or helping. Someone can access the provided information and carry out the necessary procedure.
The camera has also been updated here. Especially the Live photo feature which allows you to experiment with modes like loop, Bounce and Long Exposure. The loop allows you to create a GIF which keeps on playing continuously. Bounce allows you to reverse the motion of the subjects playing them back and forth. It’s interesting when there is a lot of movement. Long Exposure allows you to create a blur or cloudy effect of a waterfall or fireworks.
It also comes loaded with new filters which keep the skin tone natural which makes everyday photography amusing eliminating to download other apps for editing. The photos and videos you take using the camera will now significantly occupy less space with almost 45% to 50% of compression thanks to HEVC/H.264 Encoding for videos and HEIF Compression for photos in iOS 11.
- The iOS 11 review includes Siri in iOS 11 which has some major improvements and it sounds less robotic. You can now enable to read and send WhatsApp messages, ask to tweet, post on your Facebook page, book an Uber and even translate phrases to different languages. You can also edit your command by typing into Siri, a much-needed thing for someone in noisy surroundings is not having to repeat the command all over again. Yes! Siri has become more interactive and wonderful.
- There also changes made to Music and you can notice this as soon as you open Music on your updates iOS You can now get connected with your friends and family and share your playlist or view their albums and playlist. You can create a profile and follow your friend who is also an Apple Music member. Getting started with it.
1: Tap on Getting Started or Not Now if you want to do it later.
2: Fill in your Name and Username and tap Next.
3: Select the appropriate option depending on who all you want to follow you and tap Next.
4: You can select the playlist you want to share and tap Next.
5: you can connect to Facebook and/or Instagram to connect and share music with your friends and family. Tap Next when you are done with it.
6: You can receive Notifications whenever there are new releases and activity from your friends. Tap Done when you are done.
You can edit the profile whenever you want and also share it with other Apple Music members.
- Users who are too lazy to type using two hands or folks accustomed to typing with one hand can really make the most of the new keyboard feature that iOS 11 Long pressing the globe icon on the bottom left of the keyboard allows you to adjust the keyboard to the left or to the right. This offers more convenience to the users who prefer the one-hand operation of their devices or a quick message to mum saying that you will call her back can save the day.
- You can set the timer after which your call gets automatically answered. Especially if your hands are all busy this feature and come in handy or when your job demands to stay in touch with clients every time. You can do by going to Settings>General>Accessibility>Call Audio Routing> Auto-Answer Calls.
- Flac audio files can now be played easily in iOS 11 which was impossible in the previous updates.
- you can now skip, change, pause and play songs just by tapping on the Airpods. You set the actions either of our Airpods.
- Set timer in seconds. Previous updates would not allow that to happen but now you can set 5 seconds timer too. Isn’t cool it?
- You can now share the Wi-Fi password across other iOS devices running iOS 11 thus eliminating the need of entering the password separately on other devices.
- One of the coolest thing about iOS 11 is its elegant update of Notes. User-Interface is so cool that you can now customize the size of the text, change the paper style, insert tables and scan documents. Yes, you can now scan a document using your camera without having you to download other apps to fulfill this purpose, set the clour to greyscale or black and white.
- iPhones are all about cracked screens and faulty home button. Apple has identified the latter and has included the Shut Down option in the Settings. To use it got Settings>General>Shut down.
- Users with vision impairments or have trouble reading from the light color scheme of the display have no need to worry about. iOS 11 comes with the improvements to its previous feature of invert colors calling it Smart Invert Colors. It has come to be known as “Dark Mode” for some of the users. What it does is, it reverses the color of the display, except for images, media, and some apps. We could see some problems in the previous version well done
Setting up the “Dark Mode”.
1: Tap on Settings.
2: Tap on General.
3: Tap on Accessibility.
4: scroll all the way down and tap Accessibility Shortcut.
5: Tap on Smart Invert Colours.
6: Go back and scroll all the way up and tap on Display Accommodations.
7: Tap on Invert Colours.
8: Turn Smart Invert on.
Viola! You can see the difference in the invert colors of the previous version and Smart Invert function of iOS 11. There are no tints and other shades spoiling the interface.
- Now you can protect your passwords of your social networking in Accounts & It safely saves your login data and saves a lot of time.
- iPad users will love the iOS 11 as the dock section provides much more options and accessibility to them. Like there is a special section on the extreme right on the dock called as Continuity Section which displays all the apps that you have been using on your other iOS device and displays it so that you can access it even if you are not carrying the other device with you.
- Flick up from the bottom of the screen to switch between apps instead of double-tapping the home button. Control Centre can also be viewed along with the apps in app switch mode.
- Multi-tasking is so much convenient on iPad. You can now just drag the apps from the dock on the screen and resize the window size by entering the split view. Make sure to drag and drop everything from photos, text, and URL into other apps like Notes.
- You can upload a whole web page into a PDF document and share it. This comes in handy when you are in a conference or taking some notes. If iPad comes with Apple Pencil then it is a bonus for users who design and make graphics. Splitting apps are very useful to them.
The above are the cool iOS 11 review features that I was able to gather out of my observation. I have further added pros and cons for the article on iOS 11 review as mentioned below.
iOS 11 review – Pro and Cons:
In addition to above features of iOS 11 review, I have observed following pros and cons for the part of my iOS 11 review.
Pros of iOS 11
- A refreshing look at the interface.
- Improved interactions of apps with Siri.
- New filters and camera modes to play with.
- Higher compression for videos and photos to occupy less space.
- Increased accessibility to users.
- Split screen mode in iPad improves productivity.
- Customization of texts and scanning of documents along with sharing on one tap.
- Play audio files of a different
Cons of iOS 11
- No major improvement in the performance.
- Cannot download 32-bit apps anymore.
Hope this article of iOS 11 review and its upgraded feature guide helps you to know it better. iOS 11 comes with great improvements but there is definitely not any performance boost. That’s right guys do not expect any improvements in the performance of your device after the update. However, one must appreciate Apple for listening to the long sufferings of iOS users and implementing those changes in the new update. I do find the new modes in the Live photo modes in the Camera and introduction of new filters. After knowing about this feature I just deleted all the apps that i download earlier. The minor changes to icons and the scroll among apps look much more fluidic and refreshing. I would like everyone to get the update and check these features.