Ever got an issue stating that remote device or resource won’t accept the connection on your browser then here is a solution for you. Yesterday I was looking to upload our blog by connecting to our office network but unfortunately, I got this error. I was unable to connect the internet then I thought of troubleshooting my wifi connection. I ran windows diagnostics thinking that it may detect and help me resolve the problem.
After running windows diagnostics I have got the error like ” remote device or resource won’t accept the connection“. I have attached a screenshot below.This error may occur due to a recent windows update or change of proxy or the presence of virus and malware on your PC. There may be a lot of reasons behind this issue. I will guide you in solving this problem.
How to solve remote device or resource won’t accept the connection issue:
1.If you are unable to connect in Google chrome then simply reset the setting if it doesn’t solve your issue then follow these steps
- Go to change proxy settings under network
- A new internet properties window will open. Click on the LAN settings under connections tab.
- Tick on the following settings a) Automatic detect settings b) Use a proxy server for your LAN c)Bypass proxy server for local addresses
- Once you tick select ok and then try connecting to the internet.
Note: Some users may not be able to find the change proxy settings if they are using extensions like switchy sharp etc. Disable such extensions and then try.
2. If the above procedure doesn’t work for you then follow this procedure
- Open control panel and search for internet options. You can also find it under Network and Internet tab.
- Click on it a new window will open with internet properties.
- Select the connections tab and go to Lan settings at the bottom.
- Now uncheck the option “Automatically detect settings” and click Apply & then OK.
- You can also do the same by going through the option in internet explorer also.
3. Still, you are facing problem then try to disable windows firewall and any antivirus that you are using on your PC and reset your browser. Try changing accounts if you are using multiple user accounts on your PC.
4. Some times it may also be a cause of virus, spyware or Malware. Try using Malware bytes anti malware, best malware removal tool till date. Apart from this you can also download and use hitman 64 or 32 bit and spybot. In my case Malware was causing me the issues and I had performed a Malware scan that can detect any potential threats on my PC. After a successful scan and removal, I was able to connect to the internet normally from my google chrome.
As you are unable to connect to the internet try downloading above mentioned Softwares from another PC and then toss them up in a USB drive. From there try installing on your PC and run a scan. They may help resolve the “remote device or resource won’t accept the connection” issue. Hope your problem solves. If you are still facing try checking your router. If your router stopped working then try to reset and start. Still the problem persists you can buy best AC wifi router in the market here. If any issues or got queries do let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you sharing is caring.