Top 10 effective ways to safeguard mobile wallet
Digital payments through mobiles have become a daily activity and to safeguard mobile wallet is the prime concern to secure your authenticate information. As the technology goes on increasing, the way we do our actions will also differ the same. It makes Mobile wallet nothing but a digital wallet on your mobile phone which acts similar to the physical wallet with us and performs all the functions and works related to the payments. Simply we can say all your information is stored in the digital format on your mobile phones.
As the use of mobile wallet has been increased as the mode of payment made easy with our credit and debit cards where we can see the time reduction of spending for making the payments. In another way, we can say the secure way of carrying our cards with us. It is also important to safeguard mobile wallet to be misused by unauthorised credentials. TechUploads brings you top 10 effective ways to safeguard mobile wallet as specified below.
Top 10 effective ways to safeguard mobile wallet:
Though there are many facilities with Smartphone wallet, lot many security features we have to take care. Here are 10 important securities we should keep in mind anytime.
- Use Pattern locks (or) protective pin to your mobile: It is safer to keep pattern lock or else protective pin which does not allow unknown users to access your mobile with our your permissions. Do not share your security codes with anyone unless if it is urgent even to the known people.
- Do not save any bank related information in your wallet: One of the most common thing all the people will do regularly is that saving your Credit/debit card information in your wallet to make the transactions simple any easier. But, remember sometimes it may affect you very much. Hacker mostly concentrates only on the wallets when they hack any sites. So, better do transactions by entering manually though it takes some time but it is safer.
- Beware of Public Wi-Fi: Nowadays everyone started to provide free Wi-Fi in malls or any coffee shops or in nay bus stops for a limited period of time. Are you one of the people who is using this public Wi-Fi? Stop using it from now. Don’t think of saving your monthly data, please make sure you are not performing any bank transactions related things using public Wi-Fi which takes you to the risks. Public Wi-Fi may contain the sharing information setting which is not visible which accesses your sensitive information from your devices while registering you mobile to the hotspot before using is.
- Beware of un-authenticated apps before installing: Developers becoming more and more in the society. Almost 60000 Mobile applications on an average are added to store per month. So, think of it once before installing any applications. Lot many applications with the same name but little changes were available in the store while searching. Do practice to learn security features, developer account information, terms and conditions, reviews and rating once before using it. If features are not up to the mark, simply ignore it.
- Security features in your smartphone: Smartphones are having best security features developed to keep your phone information safe and secure. Make sure once all the related features enabled or not. Your phone may have sensitive information like phone no’s, your present location, emails, the amount in your wallet. It may access and misuse if you do not enable any features in. Some applications are available in stores, which allows you to monitor who has accessed your mobile phone and the operations he has done on your mobile.
- Un-authenticated links: Please do not click on any un-authenticated links ever and never. As now so many links have been rounding in the social media and communication channels. Though you know the person who has sent, but think before clicking on it.
Also read: How to turn OFF AutoCorrect on Asus Zenfone
- Don’t leave your mobile anywhere: PLEASE TAKE CARE OF YOUR THING BEFORE LEAVING PREMISES. MANAGEMENT IS NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU LOSE ANY THINGS. We can see this common sentence written on any wall or stuck in public places. So, do not forget your smartphone anywhere which can be visible to everyone. Make sure, either to lock or block your phone just in case you loose it to secure your information.
- Check your surrounding before using your smartphone: The common behaviour of any human being is to observe others activities noticeable at any places. So, before using smartphone please check your surrounding and start using it, either it is a transaction from your wallet or from your bank or through cards.
- Monitor your transactions regularly: It is better to make a habit of monitoring the bank transactions regularly without fail, which gets you an idea about any extra charges or any unrelated transactions from your account. If you find any of it, please do intimate in your bank to resolve it.
- Keep a lock of all your applications: It is safer and simple to protect your information from losing. Keep all your application locked with a powerful password.
These steps will be helpful to safeguard mobile wallet. Further tips are welcomed to comment on this articles for the TechUploads readers.