Top 5 ways on how to remotely control another computer
Sometimes we may just want to access our own computer or other computers from some other PC. Well, you are lucky because you can do it if your both computers are connected to the same network or same LAN (You can connect others too but security has to be seen). There are many methods to do so but I will highlight some of them. WINDOWS or any OS give inbuilt way to access your system remotely from other PC’s which we add to the list of users. Here the top five ways on how to remotely control another computer have been explained.
How to remotely control another computer
1. WINDOWS USER HAVE AN INBUILT OPTION:
The systems (Computer and laptops) operated by Windows OPerating Systems have an inbuilt option that gives the solution on how to remotely control another computer.
- Go to the system properties and click on the remote settings button on the left corner.
- Then choose the appropriate option according to your requirement and security.
- Click on SELECT USERS an enter the USER or the computer name(check in system properties) that you want to access remotely from other computer connected to the same network.
That’s it!!! you are good to go. Now you can know how to remotely control another computer from your computer by doing the following steps.
- Go to the windows and type REMOTE DESKTOP CONNECTIONS and press enter.
- Now type the name you have entered in the LIST and press CONNECT button as shown above.
- You will see the dialog box showing that it is being connected. Once done, you are ready to go.
2. USE TEAM VIEWER:
There is a free software available known with the name TEAM VIEWER and it is really great because it helps us to remotely control another computer with some security. It is very easy to transfer your files from the system connected through TEAMVIEWER software. Here I will show some steps how to use this software.
- First, download the software from the internet and run the installation.
- Once you start the installation, you will be asked to choose what kind of installation you want to continue with. Select the option as shown in below figure.
- After you press the ACCEPT-FINISH button the installation will carry out and once it has completed it will pop-up another window.
- The pop-up I was talking about is UNATTENDED–ACCESS. Here you have to setup connection for the respective computer. Press NEXT (Step 1 in below figure)
- In this window, you have to set the computer name and also you have to set a password for this TEAMVIEWER to be used for file sharing and accessing the computer from other (Step 2 from above figure).
- This window shows the ID given by the software which will be used to identify your computer(Step 3 from above figure).
- After pressing the finish button you will be shown a window where your ID and password is shown and on the other side, you have to enter the other systems ID(where this software is installed and the ID is allocated).
- Here you can choose REMOTE CONTROL option or you can also choose FILE TRANSFER option as per the requirement.
After you press CONNECT PARTNER button, you will be connected to the desired PC and you can control it from the PC you have connected. The advantage of this software is FILE TRANSFER becomes as easy as COPY AND PASTE in general.
3. CHROME REMOTE DESKTOP PLUGIN
- There is one plugin present in GOOGLE CHROME. You have to download that and then allow remote connections.
- Here the steps are also similar like for the TEAMVIEWER software. So just download it and then setup the PIN for security purpose and then get the ID and use your PC from other PC’s chrome.
- There is something called as file transfer protocol which is used mostly when security comes into the picture where the security is not good as you will be using the internet. You can go for the simpler methods as shown above. Anyways I will give some information about it.
- The FILEZILLA is a software which is also available for other platforms like OPENSUSE, LINUX. This is generally used in a closed organization by setting up an FTP server. The files are shared on that server and the systems present in that network can access these files easily. The file transfer here is just like drag and drop kind of thing.
5. LogMeIn(NO LONGER FREE):
- This software has some good features and it is no longer free for that reason because its services are great. But for a normal user, it can be a pain because the setup used is a little bit complex.
- So, I personally recommend that it is better to use TEAMVIEWER as it is very simple and fast enough for general usage.
Top five ways on how to remotely control another computer using your computer are discussed here. Hope this article would be useful for the same.