Not able to transfer files from android to iphone/ipad ? Don’t worry we are here to help you. If you are planning to switch from android to Iphone then there will be a need to transfer files from android to Iphone. If you have already made the decision then you might be in a hurry to transfer files. You have to transfer all the files including contacts,videos,apps etc from your old android to new Iphone. Incase of android to iphone the transfer of files is not as easy as the conventional android to android transfer. You cannot be able to send files from Android to Iphone through bluetooth. If you don’t believe me you can try sending from android to iphone via bluetooth. Well if you fail to transfer here’s how you can move files from android to iphone.
Transfer files from android phone to Iphone :
The transfer of files can be done in two possible ways
The first transfer includes the use of PC while the later can be done via WIFI and some third party apps. I will explain you briefly how to transfer files completely
Wired Transfer :
In this kind of transfer you need to use your Pc or Computer. First you have take a backup of files from your Android phone to a folder or desktop on your computer. You can do it via the PC suite that comes with your mobile brand or any third party app. After a successful backup on desktop you can transfer the data to Iphone using Itunes via USB cable.
Wireless Transfer :
Wireless transfer can be done in two ways and they can be given as follows
Let’s know how to move files from android to iphone using bluetooth
How to transfer files from android phone to iphone via bluetooth :
Inorder to transfer files from android to iphone via bluetooth then you need to install a tird party app called BUMP that is present in playstore. As the bluetooth connection doesn’t support a transfer of files from android to iphone you need to install this cross-platform app.
Steps to use BUMP :
- First install the app on both devices.
- Android users can download this app from PLAYSTORE while iOS users can get it from APP STORE.
- Once after successfull installation on both the devices open it.
- Now select the files which you want to transfer from Android and then click on send.
- On the Iphone tap the Connect to setup option that is present in the app inorder to receive the files.
- That’s it once after a successful connection you can send various files from android to iphone.
Earlier during the intial days the app was limited to sharing the contacts only. Now the features has been extended to various files including apps,videos and other file formats. The transferring of files will take time as the connection is made via bluetooth. You can also use this app to transfer files between Android,Iphone and PC.
How to transfer files from android phone to iphone via Wifi :
Earlier we have seen how to transfer files between android phone to iphone via bluetooth connection. Now let’s see how to transfer files between android to iphone via wifi. You can transfer the files by installing some apps that access the wifi network to transfer files. Here I am giving you the details of some apps you can choose to transfer files from android phone to iphone using wifi.
1.Move to IOS app : This app is developed by apple keeping the users in mind who shifts from android to iOS. The users can transfer all their files from android to iphone simply using this app.
How to transfer files from android to iPhone using Move to iOS app :
Here is step by step guide on how to use Move to iOS app. Before that let us know some of the prerequisites inorder to use this app.
- iOS 9 or later
- iPhone 5 or later
- iPad 4th generation or later
- iPad mini 2nd generation or later
- iPod touch 6th generation
- Android version 4.0 or later
Inorder to transfer files one should fulfill these conditions.If you fail then go with the apps that are discussed below. Ok let’s know how to use Move to iOS app.
- Connect both the phones to a wifi network.
- Install Move to iPhone app on android and Move from Android app in the iPhone.
- Now once after successfull installation open the app in your android phone and find the code screen that is present on the top right coner.
- Open the app in your iphone and wait for a six or ten digit code to appear.
- Once the code appears copy it and enter on your android device.
- Wait for the data screen to appear
- Now choose the files you want to transfer from your mobile and then tap next.
- It may take time for the whole transfer to happen. Mean while make sure not to lift a call while transfer because lifiting a call may abort the transfer.
- That’s it make sure the wifi network is strong and connection doesn’t terminates. In case if the connection is lost do a simple restart of the whole process.
2. Shareit App :
If you want a fast file transfer then i suggest you to use this amazing file sharing app called Shareit. It can transfer an entire 1gb of file in just 150 secs. You can send large volume of data over wifi connection from android to iOS device.
How to transfer files from android to iphone using shareit app :
Here is how you can transfer files from android to iphone using shareit app. This step by step guide help you in transferring of files from both the devices.
- Download shareit on both the devices from respective app stores by connecting to a wifi network.
- Install and open the app on both devices.
- Now ensure that both the devices are connected to the same wifi network before proceeding to transfer.
- In the android device tap on send that appears on the screen after choosing a profile.
- Now select the files that you want to send and then hit next and wait for the app to detect the iphone.
- Mean while on your iphone open the app and click on receive. You should connect to the hosted network that is present under the Settings > Wifi.
- In your android device select the iphone that you want to transfer the files and tap on it.
- That’s it the transfer of files will be done.
This is how you can transfer files from android to iphone. By using these apps you can also trasnfer any file from android to iphone and back. There are also other apps like Zapya and xender that are available in the playstore. You can try using this app to transfer files from android phone to iPhone successfully. Apart from these apps you can use gmail account to transfer files between android and iphone. We may update this post in future when we get hands on these apps too. Until then if you come across any problem while transferring the files by using the above mentioned apps do let us know by simply dropping a comment below in the comment sections. We might help you in the transfer. Thank you.