how to use redmi note 3 as a tv remote. If this is what you are searching on web then this tutorial is for you. If you have lost your remote or got a break accidentally then it will be a bad day for you. Probably you won’t be able to watch TV whole day or two until you get a new one. But xiaomi redmi users won’t face any problems as they can use their smartphone as remote. Yes with the new mi remote app you can set a remote in your mobile and watch TV with out any tension of the lost one. In this tutorial i’m gonna show you how to set redmi mobile remote in mi remote app and use it with different appliances like TV,Digital set top box, AC,DVD player, Fan, Projector etc.
How to use redmi note 3 as a tv remote :
In order to use redmi note 3 as a tv remote you first need to connect to a wifi network or Turn on Data and then pair it with your TV or anyother device first. Here is a step by step guide for you
- Goto tools > MI Remote > In the add remote section select your device. Here i am showing you how to pair your mobile to a TV and use it as a remote. You can also have a look on mi remote control app supported devices in the snap below.
- Now I just click on TV and selected my brand you have to select yours. No matter whether you are using a LEd or Cathode ray tube TV it will pair with all type of Tvs which comes with IR sensors.
- Once after selecting TV in the next step you have to Add TV remote. You will be asked to point the remote at TV and press the button and release when TV responds
- If the TV responds press Yes else press No and then try adding again. If the Tv responds successfully you have to proceed onto other steps until a remote is added successfully.
- Here is a snap of how the Tv remote looks in Redmi mobile once after successful addition in the MI Remote app
Now enjoy using Redmi mobile as a remote and watch your favourite channels on your TV. Apart from TVs you can also add AC,DVD,Projector remote etc. If you are from non english speaking country you can change the default mi remote english app to your language by simply going to the settings and changing the language there. This is how you can use redmi note 3 as a tv remote. This tutorial also applies to other models as well with MIUI 8.1.2 running. If you got any queries while adding the remote do let us know in the comment section.